Friday, July 4, 2008

Swim. Run. No Bike... yet.

Well, I swam a mile today and yesterday (I took lots of break, haha, took me an hour to do). I got Brandon, the Rollins Camp swim coach's son, to teach me the basics of breast stroke and freestyle, in addition to the flip turns with them. I did this because my left knee began to hurt like I twisted it. I don't want knee problems, so I decided I had better take a short break from running, but I still need to work out. So I swim. I am getting a tan line from my bathing suit just in two days. Crazy. I gotta get some water proof sunscreen, my face is read.

I also need sunscreen for tomorrow. I called Dad and asked him if he would go mountain biking with me Saturday. He actually said yes. So he is coming over at 8:30am tomorrow and picking me up to go out to Snow Hill. Mark, his friend, is coming along too. Either way, after 2 or 3 years of bugging him, he's finally taking me. Hopefully I won't die or get my legs cut up too badly.

Parents still talking badly about one another to me. I need to tell them to stop. I just haven't gotten around to it. Today is the first day my dad really got into it. But they are still so business like and formal when they tear each other down that it is hard to tell them no.

Now that my mom has realized she can be rid of my dad, to whom she gave so much for and did so much for and from whom she never felt like she received even a thank you, she has now realized she can do that to other people too. She started talking about all the stuff she has done for people like the Hardaways (financial support, buying nice clothes, bringing over food, etc) for years and how they never even call to say thank you or ask how she is. She wants to be loved and appreciated.

My dad calls those people her "projects." Helen, Phil, the Hardaways, the woman we bought all these Christmas presents for at dad's office. Some people thank her, like Miss Linda. Miss Linda buys mom designer clothes, gives her certificates for massages, would send her to Hawaii if she thought it would make mom happy.

No comments: